Friday 14 June 2013

Review: Along Came Betty - Body Scrub and Body Butter




I feel that I've come across a gem of a product so I thought I should share this with you all.
Let me introduce you to Along Came Betty - a bath and beauty range exclusive to Tesco stores.

The vintage design caught my eye straight away a few months back and reminded me of a well known brand, Soap and Glory. I'd been looking for a good body scrub for a while and this was more affordable at £5.99 a pot. However, I still felt a little apprehensive about parting with that much money for a product I had heard little about. I finally purchased the body butter and scrub last week when all their products were down to half price. Definitely worth stocking up the next time they have a half price sale.

Each tub contains 300ml of product so it is good value for money. The tubs are very stylish and will definitely appeal to the Soap & Glory fans.

I love the texture of the body scrub. The exfoliating granules are extremely fine and it is mixed into a creamy paste. It is very gentle on the skin but also very effective at dealing with dry scaly skin. After one use, my legs were so much smoother than before. I have used Soap & Glory scrubs before and they have all been far too harsh on my skin. Some other brands have simply been so gentle that I didn't get any exfoliation. This one is perfect. 

The body butter is such a luxurious product. It smells wonderful and goes on smoothly. It is fairly thick but easy to spread so it's perfect for use after the shower or before you go to bed. I haven't used the Soap & Glory body butters so I can't really compare on texture but I do think this smells so much better. 

The Along Came Betty range has definitely been an amazing discovery and I will be stocking up my cupboards the next time a sale is on. They also stock a range of other products including face wash and body wash. This is a very luxurious feeling product minus the luxurious price tag.

4 comments:

  1. the packaging is so cute, they remind me of Soap and Glory too will definitely be keeping an eye out in Tesco for these! I love products that look nice to display in my bathroom haha. Really glad to have found your blog I'm a new follower, would love it if you could check out mine and maybe follow back if you get chance? xx

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice packaging always makes it prettier to display haha.
      I will definitely check out your blog :)
      x

      Delete
  2. great post, never tried them before, need to give a shot ;)X



    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. It's a great range! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.