Sunday 23 June 2013

Review: bareMinerals - All-Over Face Colour in Faux Tan







Those who have read my previous blog posts will know that I'm quite a big fan of bareMinerals products. I really wanted to get myself a decent bronzer. I own the All-Over Face Colour in Warmth but it lacks that glow and it's also an old pot so there's no lockable sifter on it. 

I'd read about Faux Tan and thought that it sounded like Warmth but it had a shimmer to it. It was for sale at a special discounted price from Feelunique.com so I just had to purchase one. It comes in a 1.5g lockable sifter pot. There are fewer sifter holes in this product than in the mineral foundation. 

It took me a few applications to get used to this. It was a lot heavier on the shimmer than I thought. Also, a little goes a long way. The first time I applied this, the darkness of the powder scared me a bit so I applied a tiny amount and didn't even notice it. The second time I applied it, I put far too much on. I was under artificial light. Once I stepped out into the sun, I looked like someone had literally applied fake tan just to my cheekbones. So my advice would be to apply this under good lighting.

I should probably clarify that although this is more shimmery than I expected, it isn't glittery if you apply it properly. ALWAYS apply this onto a matte base. If your face is oily or shiny, this product is going to be your worst nightmare. The shimmer shows up far too much. But once you've got yourself a matte complexion, this is perfect for giving a soft sunkissed glow. Start off light and then build it up to avoid looking overdone. I would say that this product would be suitable for most skin tones, but go easy on it if you're quite pale. 

Overall a fantastic product and it was worth the purchase. This is probably one of the few bronzing products I've bought that isn't orange. Even if you apply too much, you won't look orange. You'll just look like you have a very strange tan.....

This is available for £17.95 from Feelunique.
On the bareMinerals website, you can also purchase the matte version for £19.

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this review, and flicking through your posts :)

    KRx
    http://kezeeahrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.