Saturday 8 June 2013

Review: bareMinerals - Matte Foundation in Medium Beige




I've used bareMinerals Original foundation for the last few years and although it's a great foundation, my face gets shiny very quickly when the sun is out. 

So I was very keen to try out bareMinerals Matte foundation. I initially sent an email to the help team at bareMinerals to enquire about shades and I was told that the Matte version can sometimes be slightly darker than the Original version. However, having little time to head out to a bareMinerals counter to test out shades, I decided to stick with my usual shade, Medium Beige.

I received my products earlier this week and I have to say, I'm very shocked at how good it is. I wasn't expecting a major difference between this and the Original foundation but there is definitely is one! It lasts all day so I no longer have to worry about re-application. It's been a nice surprise to not look shiny after about 6 hours. This has definitely been worth the purchase! Also, I thought that the shade was the same in Matte as it was in Original. In the pot the Matte version does look slightly darker but I didn't notice a difference once I'd buffed it onto my face.  

Medium Beige is a light-medium shade with neutral undertones. The great thing about minerals is that it looks very natural so you tend to not need the "perfect" shade for it to work for you. I know that Medium Beige is very popular and is used by people with varying skin tones. 

Application is simple. I won't go into too much detail but it is the usual "swirl, tap, buff" procedure. Depending on your desired level of coverage, you can put as much or as little of the mineral powder into the lid to swirl. I can not emphasise enough that you need to buff it in as much as you can. The more you buff, the better the results. Minerals work better when they are warmed up (hence the swirling and the buffing). The lockable sifter helps to keep your minerals from making a mess in the lid when you're travelling around.

bareMinerals Matte foundation is slightly more expensive than the Original foundation. From the company's own website, it costs £25 for a 6g pot. I purchased mine at Feelunique.co.uk for £21.25.

It is definitely worth the money. Feelunique.com is your friend when it comes to getting discounted expensive products like bareMinerals

And a word of warning: I have been the victim of purchasing fake bareMinerals products on eBay before from so-called "top sellers". So I advise you to purchase directly from the company online, reputable cosmetics retailers (such as Feelunique.com), or the company counters (in stores such as Debenhams, Fenwick etc). bareMinerals is certainly worth paying more for (and it is not worth paying anything for fake mineral foundation). 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Glad it worked well on your skin. Haven’t tried their Matte foundation because Original foundation is my favorite.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ http://www.kallony.com.ph/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.