Thursday 3 October 2013

Review: The Body Shop - Wild Rose Hand Cream





Having obtained a voucher code for a free 30ml Hand Cream, I headed straight to The Body Shop at the end of last month. I opted for the Wild Rose Hand Cream, mainly because it had the prettiest colour on it! I didn't want to do my usual routine of hanging around in a shop deliberating for half an hour, so this was a good approach!

I wasn't actually expecting much from this product. I've used a lot of hand creams before and they're all pretty much the same. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this. It left my hands feeling silky soft after just one use. Also, unlike a lot of hand creams, I felt like this one actually got absorbed into my skin as opposed to sitting on it. Normally when I wash my hands, I can feel the hand cream slipping off like oil but, with this one, there was nothing. It was already fully absorbed into my skin. The effects are long-lasting as well.

When you first squeeze this out of the tube, it does look like the consistency will be quite thick. It is not at all though. It's extremely light and glides on smoothly.

This hand cream contains rosehip oil and has SPF15The smell is quite strong so you'll love this if you're into floral smells. Otherwise, you'd be better off purchasing one of the other hand creams. I'm not a massive fan of floral smells when it comes to perfume, but I'm all for a bit of floral when it comes to beauty products!

I know that a lot of people love this packaging but I don't particularly like it. I'm sure that The Body Shop were aiming for a unique look when they designed this but it reminds me of a squashed toothpaste bottle.

Luckily, the product itself is fantastic so I would definitely consider purchasing this in the future. 

Have you tried any of the hand creams from The Body Shop?

31 comments:

  1. I'm not too keen on the packaging either but the product sounds great

    abi x

    http://alittledustblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Hemp Hand Protector from The Body Shop which is pretty good. This one sounds good but the rose scent puts me off! x
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the body shop and i love rose so this sounds perfect!

    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't love this one unfortunately, as I don't find it hydrating enough and the smell is a little old lady for me, but I love the Hemp one.

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely more of a mature scent :)

      Delete
  5. I think I have a similar hand cream that's pomegranate or something like that! I use it whenever I remember to and I find it's really effective :)

    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog earlier, I really appreciate your support! I'd love it if we followed each other on Bloglovin' and GFC, let me know on my blog if you feel the same :)

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so nice!<3
    Beautiful pictures!
    http://aimerose.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this hand cream - it's my favorite for the winter months! Great review!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I'll have to give this one a try! My hands are disgustingly dry all the time so I'm always looking for hand creams that work :)

    EmmaBelleFashion | Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give this a go. It's so moisturising!

      Delete
  9. This sounds gorgeous :) x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like The Body Shop, but I've never tried a hand cream from them. I normally just use a normal body butter :)
    Wondorla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The body shop products are really nourishing :) I'm a new follower I hope you follow back..

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like the packaging either, but the product sounds really nice! I tried some of the hand creams and they were good :)

    xo Mel
    Anxiety | Depression | Panic Attacks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this product, and i enjoyed reading your view on it :) thanks
    http://urbanbeautyblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the body shop, it sounds so lovely! I love creams that absorb into the skin really quickly :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything from The Body Shop especially there lip balms.
    Your blog is lovely! I have followed you xx

    Say Hi to me at http://channichic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The packaging is really cute :) I'm not surprised that you chose that one ;) I have to try it in the future - lately my hands are quite dry..

    ReplyDelete
  17. this honestly sounds like my perfect hand cream, roses are my favourite smell. and i actually kind of like the packaging - means you can get every last scrap of product out!
    Emma x
    www.emandthem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love it and i love everything bodyshop x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the review! I saw the voucher floating around the internet but it was only valid in the UK :((( I wouldve loved to have tried this one!

    thanks for stopping by my blog-- love yours! Now following :)
    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That cream looks great, and the scent sounds delicious!

    Stephanie Dong Fashion +

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love the Body Shop handcreams, they're amazing - especially their hand butter xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've tried a lot of hand creams myself but the Neutrogena concentrated formula hand cream was the best one for my chapped eczema prone skin. I wouldn't mind trying out the body shop hand creams. I've always liked their body butters :)

    The tube look reminds me of l'occitane brand of creams.

    Amy || Kekidoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, I've tagged you for an award over on my blog if you want to take a look?

    abi x

    http://www.alittledustblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds amazing! I need to try these out! I live the sound of the almond one ^_^

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this hand cream, I found it really stopped my hands from getting cracked and sore last winter :) I'm using the almond version at the moment and am loving that too - I much prefer them in the little pots though!
    Love Holly x

    h-c-love.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haven’t tried anything from Body Shop yet. :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Eucerin Philippines

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.