Thursday 24 October 2013

Review: Simple Skincare - Kind To Skin+ Moisture Boost Hydro Mist



I'm a massive fan of Simple Skincare because I have sensitive skin, so it was an easy decision to make when it came to buying this product. Simple have recently launched a new range of products and this is one of them. The Kind To Skin+ Moisture Boost Hydro Mist.

This isn't one of those make-up setting sprays. The purpose of this mist is to give your face an instant hydration boost. It contains Lotus Flower and multi-vitamins so it's definitely good stuff for your skin!

When I bought this, I was a little unsure about what exactly this product would do for me but I love the brand so I knew I had to give it a go, especially as it was half price and I actually paid for it using gift vouchers. The bottle was a lot smaller than I expected it to be so, straight away, I knew it wouldn't last for very long. As I didn't really pay for this, I wasn't too bothered. 

As soon as I sprayed this mist onto my face, I felt an instant cooling effect and it was quite refreshing. Although the cooling sensation was nice, it lasted for about 10 seconds before wearing off. I guess it does what is says on the tin though, so to speak. It definitely gives an instant hydration boost. 

This product claims that it also gives you naturally dewy skin, and it really does make my skin look dewy! You can spray this on top of make-up as well. If you have oily skin though, I probably wouldn't recommend this. I definitely wouldn't use this on a hot, sunny day because even though it gives a little cool mist, the after effects would not be a pretty sight.  I get the feeling that it would just add to the humidity and make you look more sweaty...

This mist sometimes takes 10 seconds or so to completely soak into your skin. You have to test it out a few times in order to spray it at the right distance. If it's too close, your face will just drip with mist, and if it's too far away then it's hardly going to touch your face. The spray mechanism isn't that strong so don't try using it too far away from your face. 

The big negative is the smell. I was expecting it to not smell of anything really because that's what the Simple Skincare products tend to be like. But this one had a very distinct odour. It's not exactly overpowering but it's definitely noticeable. It actually smells a bit like the Miss Sporty bronzer that I used to use, not sure if that is of any help to anyone?? Basically, it just smells a little like chemicals. I'd be wary about using this mist in public. I did initially think that it would be great for when I'm on a train journey, but I probably wouldn't use it if someone was sat next to me. 

Overall, I do like this product but I'm not totally loving it. It's great for an instant hydration boost and it's also good for your skin, but I just wish it was scent-free. It's quite faint and it fades away super quick but I can smell it. I might use this for spraying on at night before bed as a lighter alternative to using moisturiser. It'll also be good on cold days if I feel like my skin is drying out. At a price of £5.99 for a 50ml bottle though, I'll definitely only be purchasing this if it's on offer.

Have you tried any of the new products from Simple Skincare?

28 comments:

  1. I recently discovered Simple and the few products I have by them I like a lot so far. I actually saw this at my local drugstore and I passed up on it as I felt like I didn't really need it. Perhaps I may change my mind once my skin starts drying out from the cold. Shame about the smell - I don't like scented products too much. But as you say, it's not too strong and it' fades quickly so I guess it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good product fit for purpose, definitely not a necessity though.

      Delete
  2. I've never tried the Simple skincare before. I'm using an Anatomicals facial mist right now and it works pretty well. I'm almost finished with it and then I want to try the caudalie to see what the fuss is about.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I haven't heard of either of those before. Might check them out.

      Delete
  3. I looks so nice! I want to try it but I think I can't get it where I live

    Just a little prettier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame, this is a really good brand.

      Delete
    2. try eBay...it's usually a lifesafer!

      http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  4. I have really sensitive skin too! Nice review. :) following on gfc now! <33xx

    -Nikkie
    ChicNikkie
    Bloglovin' | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this would be great for when you're on a plane and need a bit of hydration. Pity about the smell though... makes you wonder what's in it!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this would definitely be great for flights!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

    I never seen this product before, can''t wait to try it!

    Shannen x

    glamourpie.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been impressed with Simple products. They just don't seem to do anything :( I like the idea of this though, shame it's not impressive! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple product sounds great (: , absolutely love to try it out! Great review (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. must check them out next time I'm in store

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love simple skin care too. I currently use the moisturiser religiously. I haven't seen this before though and would be interested in trying it out x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that it gives you an instant hydration boost, I have very sensitive skin too so will try it out! I tried out a face wash a few years ago from Simple and had a bad reaction so have been a bit wary about trying something from them again! Also just a shame this smells!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's quite shocking that you got a reaction from a Simple face wash. I've always found that they're quite gentle on sensitive skin.

      Delete
  12. I've not tried this yet, but I swear by simple. Hardly ever use anything else on my skin moisturiser wise. Lovely blog :) thanks so much for your sweet comment on mine. I'm your newest follower! If you're ever passing back through mine do say hello :) keep in touch, Megan x

    [Little Renault]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, I use a lot of Simple Skincare products.
      Ah thanks for the follow :)

      Delete
  13. I love Simple products, I find that they are the one brand I can trust to use on my skin! I haven't tried this but it sounds like something I'd like to use - just as a freshen up for my face x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds pretty good. Thx for the great review. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Let me know.
    xo
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog! Love your posts! www.carlyrowena.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've not seen this one before, I'm intrigued! Not a huge fan of simple skin care to be honest, my skin never felt as if it was moisturised, like my skin still felt a little dehydrated.


    Halima

    Fashionicide | Manchester Fashion & Beauty Blog

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks really nice! Im going to target tomorrow and I think I will pick this up.
    staygorgeous17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review, i've not been a huge fan of anything i've tried from Simple either, which is a shame because i like the concept.
    Anna x

    I'm holding a Charlotte Tilbury giveaway over on my blog at the moment - www.onthedressingtable.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a shame about the scent! Normally, i love Simple products - was thinking about getting this.

    Love Zoe x
    www.facevaluebeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had been thinking of getting this to replace my Balance Me face mist as its a lot cheaper but like you I just cannot deal with smells like that on my face especially! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.