Tuesday 1 October 2013

Review: yu! Healthy Snacks






I'm always excited to share food posts with you guys. I'm a major foodie so I love anything new and tasty, but I love it more when it's tasty AND healthy. This is exactly what you get from yu! Healthy Snacks. They kindly sent me a selection of their tasty snacks to try out.

As I've recently started a health & fitness kick, these couldn't have arrived at a better time. The fact that these snacks are both delicious and good for you has been so useful for helping me to eat healthily. I've been adding one yu! snack to my lunch every day rather than having anything unhealthy like crisps, not that I really eat crisps anyway (is that weird?).

The fruit bars* were the first yu! snacks that I tried and I was actually a little skeptical. I've tried various fruit bars before and have always found they either taste too sweet or they taste artificial. These ones, however, were delicious! It kind of reminded me of a cereal bar but a lot more scrumptious. I liked the fact that these are one of the few snack bars I've tried that have got the sweetness just right with the yoghurt coating. 

Next, I tried the fruit chews*. I didn't enjoy these as much as I enjoyed the others but this is definitely a good snack substitute for sweets. All the fruit chews are 100% fruit, but it's worth noting that it is not necessarily 100% of that particular fruit. For example, the mango fruit chews are made from 45% mango, the rest of it is made from things like apple and apple juice, hence the unique taste.

Finally, I tried the Granola and Strawberry packet* and this was by far my favourite! I wasn't expecting much from this initially because I think that granola tends to taste quite dry. This was not the case at all though. Again, these are coated in a lovely layer of yoghurt and contain little fruit pieces.

I definitely recommend these, especially for anyone who is trying to get fit and healthy but doesn't want to give up snacking. Even if you're not on a health kick, why would you not try something so tasty? Everyone loves a good snack!

These are available from Tesco stores and would make a great addition to any lunchbox. 
Have you tried anything from yu! before?


12 comments:

  1. I'm a major foodie too, I've seen these in the shops but just haven't got round to trying them out! Granola and strawberry looks so yummy, so glad you said it's not dry! Also the mango fruit chews I want to try, although I now know not to expect to taste of just mango haha :)

    www.rebeccacoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Yu Bars before but they sound so yummy! Must try them!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bars and granola sound like really good healthy and easy snacks to have on hand. Too bad we don't have a Tesco here :(

    xo
    www.macaronsandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely want to try the fruit chews, need to cut down on the sweeties!

    abi x

    http://www.alittledustblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! I want to try it so bad right now! It looks pretty amazing! Really good review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound so delicious!! How I wish we also have them here in our country. :l nwys, nice review and you have such a lovely blog. :)

    Ciena
    Sweet Wonderworld

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha oopsie! At least it's healthy though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dried mango as a snack at night. I have to keep my eye open for these next time I am in tescos. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.