Thursday 5 December 2013

Getting Into The Festive Spirit

For some reason, I've not been feeling very festive this year. So I've compiled a short list of the things that get me into the festive spirit!

My Mini Christmas Tree!!!


Ahhh how cute is this? I'm not sure if you can tell how small it is but it's about 7 inches in height. It's also got fibre optic lights which flash in an array of colours and it's so pretty when I turn my bedroom light off in the evening. I have a large Christmas tree downstairs as well, but I love having a little one in my bedroom. 


Christmas music


Christmas music is almost always guaranteed to make me feel all festive. And yes, I do still have the Pop Idol Christmas Album from all those years ago and I still listen to it! I'm loving the Glee Christmas Album the most at the moment though. I think I got it for Christmas last year but I can't quite remember who bought it for me. 


A Christmas story


I don't normally buy books specifically for Christmas. In fact, prior to the above, I've only done this once and I didn't actually read it because I didn't finish another book in time! This year though, I've been hearing a lot about "I Heart Christmas" by Lindsey Kelk. As I finished reading a book the other week, I figured I'd purchase this one onto my Kindle. I'm loving it so far! I only purchased chapters 1-5 as it was free and I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I do, so I'll be purchasing the full version very soon!


Tub of chocolates


Okay, this is a bit of an odd one because I actually don't eat much chocolate but we always seem to have a massive tub of chocolates in our house every Christmas! As soon as a see a big tub of Celebrations, Quality Street etc, I know it's almost Christmas!



Christmas markets


I absolutely love going to the Christmas markets! I've been twice this year but I'll probably go again once Christmas is nearly on our doorstep. The first time I went this year, it was mid November and it was a little too early for me to feel festive. I went again in late November but I was in such a rush that I didn't really walk around much. I always find that going in December when all the Christmas music is blasting out always makes me feel super festive! Plus, there's always so much good food. I've been to various Christmas markets but none of them compare to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park London. The atmosphere is unrivalled and there's so much to see and do (and eat!). If you get the chance to go to Winter Wonderland, I definitely recommend trying out their weird but wonderful burgers (unless you're a vegetarian, of course). 

What makes you feel festive?

14 comments:

  1. This is such a perfect post - it made me feel so festive! I love your little tree and the Christmas book!

    Christina | Passion Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once our Christmas tree is up I am completely in the holiday spirit.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My town is covered in Christmas lights. I just love it!!! Best way to get me in the festive mood is just to look outside the window and look at the huge Christmas tree covered in fairy lights.
    Andreea | http://catsfika.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Christmas tree lol...so cute

    Shalay| itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwh a tub of chocolates is the best! Milkey Ways are my faves ;D

    Sharlotte xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me feel very festive! Had a little giggle at Pop Idol Christmas album too, rolling back the years x

    Lauren | What Lauren Says (Currently running a Secret Christmas Giveaway, I'd appreciate it if you took a look at it)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post and your little Christmas tree :) I absolutely love having the Christmas tree up, especially at night :)

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! Love having a Christmas tree, but unfortunately my apartment is too small for one. I'm thinking of getting a tiny little one just so my living space could feel more festive :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these make me festive too! I'm putting my tree up this weekend and I can't wait to play Christmas music when doing so. I also love a good Xmas market xo http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing how other people are getting into the holiday spirit :) I'm going to decorate our tree tonight! So exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww your mini Christmas tree is the cutest! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love having tubs of chocolate at Christmas!

    http://cat3zoe.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww you have a Christmas tree in your room! i was thinking of getting a small one like yours too but i think its too late to buy and decorate one ^^ i also have a little problem with storage, sometimes i wish i have an entire house to myself so i could do more decorating :) happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.