Tuesday 17 December 2013

Review: Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm


If you regularly read my blog, you'll know that I love anything skincare or lip related. So.......

Let me introduce you to the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm* which was kindly sent to me. Phew, that was a mouthful! This is supposedly "The all-day, all-night, all-in-one beauty secret". Sounds very mysterious and alluring. 

Although this is an Intensive Lip Repair Balm, there are actually eight ways to use this product: remedying chapped skin, shaping eyebrows, calming sun-exposed skin, adding shine to cheeks,  smoothing legs after waxing, refreshing jet-lagged skin, softening rough hands, and smoothing cracked heels. 


Before I even used this product, I loved how cute the little pot was. I absolutely love the whole matte glass effect that it has because I associate it with luxury products. I also love the lid because, aside from the Elizabeth Arden logo, you have lots of 8's in various sizes to represent the fact that this is an Eight Hour Cream. Quite a cute touch, I think! I haven't used anything from Elizabeth Arden before so I'd be interested to see the packaging of their other products. 

The balm itself is a peachy orange colour, which I didn't expect at all. For a moment, I actually thought that it was a tinted balm. It definitely comes out clear though.

I've actually spent a lot of time sniffing this product just for you guys! I've concluded that it kind of smells like sour fruits (in a good way) and it also smells faintly like medicine (perhaps not so good). Make of that what you will but I think it's a nice subtle smell. It's quite light and not at all overpowering. 

When I opened this, I assumed that the texture would be exactly like a tough balm. Turns out that was just the way they'd smoothed it all out. This texture is very much like a cream.


As soon as I applied this for the first time, I loved how smoothly it glided on my lips. Before I'd even finished applying, I was smiling at myself in the mirror because I saw how glossy my lips looked. I'm obsessed with lip glosses so any balm that makes my lips shine is a bonus! 

This Eight Hour Lip Balm is designed to be used at bedtime and I can totally see why. It's kind of like having a lovely face mask on but for your lips. This product is incredibly luxurious and it strikes the right balance between keeping my lips moisturised and forming a protective barrier. This is a non-sticky and can easily be built up because of its soft texture. 

If you suffer from dry, chapped lips then this could easily be your new best friend! I don't have that problem in general, but autumn/winter is when they do begin to dry out a little! Luckily, after the first night, my lips started to feel a little better. There was also no residue left over which surprised me, considering how thick the balm was. It soaked in nicely.

This is not an overnight miracle but I've started to see changes and my lips are looking much better. It's been particularly useful during the colder days and it's a lot more intensive than a regular lip balm.

At £16.80 for a 10g pot from HQ Hair, this is a worthy investment for those of you who are prone to dry lips and chapped skin. I love this product but, taking into account the price tag, I'd have to think twice before making a purchase. 

Have you tried anything from Elizabeth Arden?

7 comments:

  1. This looks like it's perfect for me!! My lips get dried out easily and this seems like a good quality product. Thank you for your honest and thorough review :) xx

    -Nikkie
    ChicNikkie
    Bloglovin' | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having major issues with dry chapped lips right now because I ran out of my trusty Burt's bees wax Chapstick.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always hear good things about Elizabeth Arden products and I am in need of a new lip product as my lips have not taken kindly to the dry winter air. Will definitely check this out. Great review!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fantastic product!

    I'm inviting you to the giveaway I'm currently having on my blog:

    Win Barbie Circle Lens of your choice

    Hope you join! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this product but so scared to spend this much and it not working!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Think. This is a fantastic beauty product. I would like to try this product.

    Fashion and Beauty Store

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.