Wednesday 11 December 2013

Review: Goldwell - Dualsenses Rich Repair 6 Effects Serum


If there's one physical feature that I can say that I really like about myself, it has to be my hair! I've been blessed with luscious silky dark hair and I love it. I'm lucky that my hair is naturally straight as well so it takes minimal effort to make it look presentable. I'm not someone who really uses hair products, maybe because I haven't found anything worth using.

I've only used one hair serum in my whole life and that was one that was recommended by a hairdresser I once visited. Today, however, I will be telling you about my second and latest hair serum that I recently received: Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair 6 Effects Serum*.


This serum is designed for dry and stressed hair. This product claims to provide 6 repair benefits: shine, smoothness, bounce, frizz-free hair, healthy ends, and reduced hair breakage. The claim of making my hair bouncy was something that intrigued me. How can a hair serum give you bounce? Either way, I could do with some volume in my hair so I knew I had to try this out.



This 6 Effects Serum comes in a slim 100ml bottle and is very easy to hold in your hand. It doesn't come with a lid, but the pump has a twist and lock system to ensure that you don't accidentally dispense any of the product. It probably isn't the most eye-catching bottle around but it has a clean design which wouldn't look out of place in a salon.

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting much from this product. I don't really rate hair products so I assumed this would be yet another product added to the list of pointless products. I also find that serums can make hair look greasy and too shiny as well.


When I first used this, I was surprised to see that the serum was white - I was expecting a clear oily substance. This looked more like a conditioner. The smell was quite pleasant. It was almost like a light vanilla smell, definitely not overpowering. 

I don't know the correct technique when it comes to serum but I pretty much scrunched it into my hair. If you're prone to messy, frizzy hair, perhaps it would be best to be a little gentler than that... 

For my whole head, I tend to use 2-3 pumps which seems to be plenty to achieve the results that I want. 

The results? Never in a million years did I think that a hair serum would give my hair the bounce that I've always wanted. Talk about invisible hold! It didn't feel like I actually had any products in my hair but suddenly it had more volume! Don't get me wrong, I don't think that this product made my hair bouncy, I probably did it by scrunching my hair, but it somehow manages to hold the bounce. Hairsprays can do that too but I hate the stiffness that comes with it.

My hair also felt silkier than usual, something that I didn't think was even possible with my already silky locks. Plus, it made my hair smell divine. I got a nice whiff on the vanilla scent every time I swished my hair. 

I am extremely pleased with this product, moreso because I didn't really expect anything from this. I can see myself using this a lot and I'm so glad that I was introduced to brand.

Grab a 100ml bottle online from Beauty Expert for £10.89.

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, it's always so satisfying when you find a product that you totally just love. I always have wanted silky, sweet smelling voluminous hair, so this sounds like it's right up my street. And plus, at £10.89 it's not cheap buuuut it's not too pricey either, especially if it's amazing like you say!

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds brilliant...I'll definitely check it out!
    Jenna x
    www.jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I cut my hair short a few months ago but it's (slowly) growing back. I should use this serum so that my hair would grow back healthy. Great review!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear it worked out! Hair products usually don't do much for me!

    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting! Glad to hear it works, so many of them don't, and that's a pretty good price as well.

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its hard to say, the formulation you used sounds right.

    RobertClark

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.