Friday 24 January 2014

Review: Fatally Feminine Designs - Pink Rose Heart Cake Necklace

If you love all things cute, you're going to love Fatally Feminine Designs. In 2007, having taught herself how to use polymer clay, Aubree decided to set up her own little jewellery shop on Etsy. What started off as a small hobby is now a busy online business.

Those of you who shop on Etsy will know how many hidden treasures you can find on there as most of the products are handmade. Fatally Feminine Designs is a fantastic example of excellent handmade jewellery. Aubree's designs are based on desserts, something that I love so I knew I'd love her jewellery (even though I can't eat it...). 


Every order at Fatally Feminine Designs comes with lovely gift packaging at no extra cost. How pretty does the little box look? I live the silk pink polka dot ribbon. If you're buying something as a gift, you don't even need to do any wrapping! I love the brown textured box as well, it makes a nice change from the standard black ones. 


Aubree kindly sent me the Pink Rose Heart Cake Necklace*, one of my favourite designs from the shop. It has a 17" gold plated chain so it's perfect for wearing over jumpers or any tops. I think that this necklace would also look great with a silver chain too. I'm still in two minds about gold chains when it comes to fashion jewellery. 


I love how intricate this design is. It's amazing to think that this was made my hand, I can only imagine the time and effort that has gone into this. You can tell that this was made by someone who knows her craft and is passionate about what she does. From the latticed centre to the delicate roses, there is so much attention to detail. There is even a pink bow to finish it off.


The detail doesn't end there either, a small Swarovski Crystal heart has been attached to the back of the necklace by the clasp. I normally wear my hair down so it's unlikely anyone will see it but it's nice just knowing it's there. It's those extra little touches that make you feel quite special. 

Fatally Feminine Designs delivers internationally so you can get your hands on all of the super cute designs no matter where you are. If you love jewellery and you love desserts, you'll be sure to find something (or a lot of things) that you'll love. Let me know if you order anything!

What are your thoughts on my necklace?

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the detailed review! I'm glad you like the necklace. I totally agree with you about gold chains - most people prefer silver, but I am a total gold jewelry junkie. So that's usually why I use them, but I've set up a lot of listings in my shop with the option for a silver chain instead. Do you think I should do that for this necklace? Plus I use a brass based gold plated chain that won't tarnish easily (one of the common problems with gold fashion jewelry).

    xo Aubree,
    www.macaronsandstilettos.com
    http://fatallyfeminine.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you an email a bit later, Aubree :)

      Delete
  2. I love the little heart cake necklace!

    afabuloushippie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute!!! :D Love it!! :D
    ~Eneshai
    http://thebeautifulcloud.blogspot.ie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have ever seen a necklace so cute before! I love desserts on anything, pillows, socks, blankets haha :) the thought of necklaces is just too much, having a look :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I really want a strawberry cake now xD
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! The necklace and packaging are so pretty :)

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that necklace is so cute! I want one now huehuehue.

    I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my post on my blog!
    michelleytan.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the heart cake pendant! Looks so cute! I used to make things from polymer, but it was never as neat as this! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so cute and unique! How do people send you stuff or how do you get people to send you stuff? I 've always wondered that...
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.