Sunday 13 April 2014

Relax, Take It Easy.

It's no secret that I love taking trips to various cities. There's always plenty to do and lots of shops to go crazy in! The other day, though, I decided to head to a small market town instead as it was the last chance to see one of my friends before he moves away. 

As much as I love large cities, market towns usually have a charm about them and you can almost guarantee that there'll be lots of independent boutiques and quirky cafes lined along the high street. Perfect for a relaxing day out.


One of the first things we did was get food. We found a cute little tea room on the high street. Funnily enough, I didn't opt for Afternoon Tea as I wanted to eat something that would fill me up a bit more as I was so hungry! I chose Eggs Benedict, which I've never had before. It's basically muffins, poached eggs, and crispy bacon, topped off with a delicious Hollandaise sauce. It was scrumptious!


Afterwards, we had a look around some of the shops. There was a lovely sweet shop selling a delicious selection of sweet treats. They even had marshmallow sandwiches and marshmallow pizzas! 


When I saw this Alice in Wonderland themed sign outside a shop, I knew I had to go in. I wish there was an Alice in Wonderland themed tea room there, that would have been amazing!


I didn't buy anything in there but I love the look of these bottles with the tab on. I'm not entirely sure what they were, possibly tea or herbs...

Overall, it was a great day out and I'm so glad I took some time out to see my friend before he leaves. It was also nice to just go somewhere different. Cities are exciting, but quirky little towns are much more calming and there are so many hidden treasures to be found.

9 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.stylecastle.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a really great time!! I definitely need to look at more little towns!!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. But where did you go?!! You never say so now I'm really curious!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I love Alice in Wonderland themed anything - that shop must have been so much fun!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that Alice in Wonderland stuff is so cute! How fun!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this trip looks like it was fun!! Your food looks so yum!~ I think those bottles at the end are so cute too, probably tea since it says "Drink Me!" Hahah. They look gorgeous and fragrant.

    chocokittiehk.blogspot.com
    xoxoxo, Cindy⭐︎☽

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow looks yummy dear ♥ lovely food

    Anyway mind to following each other so we can keep on contact? Tell me
    xx
    theanotherpartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you should go to Alice's tea cup in NYC, it sounds right up your alley :) Small towns definitely have their own charm, and often times delicious food!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.