Tuesday 15 April 2014

Review: Baker Days Letterbox Cake







As someone who loves cakes and baking, this cute little package was warmly welcomed through my letterbox. Who knew it could be this easy to get your hands on some cake? This Letterbox Cake* was kindly sent to me by Baker Days and it's small enough to be delivered with the rest of your post so you don't even need to be in the house! 

Baker Days offers a selection of creative cakes from small Letterbox Cakes to Large Cakes that are suitable for big parties of corporate events. There are many designs to choose from and you can even come up with some ideas of your own. 

For my cake, I choose the design that says "Keep Calm The Best Is Yet To Come". I just thought that this was such an uplifting message and it's perfect for giving someone a little pick-me-up. It arrived in a reusable tin to keep the cake fresh, and it's great for storing little bits and pieces in once you've devoured the cake!

The cake itself was surprisingly fresh despite the fact that it had been transported all this way. The sponge was firm and I loved the thin buttercream layer between the fondant icing and the sponge. I'm not the biggest fan of fondant icing but I quite liked this and it's quite tasty in moderation. 

Although I prefer doing the baking myself, this is a great alternative when you want to give a cake to someone who doesn't live nearby. A Letterbox Cake will be so much better than sending someone a card or flowers. They also won't be expecting it so it'll be a fantastic surprise! You can also order a cake for yourself just because you're craving cake....

Have you ordered from Baker Days before?

17 comments:

  1. wow it looks delicious!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this brand before, but the cake sure looks yummy! Haha! I love the sound of it and the idea- great gift! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so amazing! I wish I could order cakes online and get them delivered to my house ( I live in the states btw ) It is very cute and it stays fresh too! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I am following you blog via GFC and Bloglovin' because your blog is awesome ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab idea :-) These would make brilliant presents!

    www.pinkpolkadotandpopcorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever I have never seen anything like this before!

    Now following you and hope, if you have a spare mo, you will vist my blog :-) xx

    Tia

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3459552

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute! Never seen anything like this before, might give this a go next time I'm stuck for gift ideas :)

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks so yummy and cute x ( I want one )

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely post doll. do you want to come over my blog. xo

    http://fleuryina.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so yummy...<3

    http://carolinessecretblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG that cake is AWESOME!! Quite jealous since I am in the USA and cannot get it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome idea, I'm so hungry now! Aimee xx

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely idea! The cake actually looks really good considering it's been transported, the design is uber cute too! Brilliant gift to send to someone you don't see everyday :) xx

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so yummy and I love the colour of it! I would love to do a similar review, I bet it was much fun :)
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks delicious! Please save a slice for me ^_^ I love what it says too lol.

    By the way, there's a giveaway on my Facebook page for a Beauty Steals voucher. Details are on the blog - www.yazzyscorner.co.uk

    Yazmin xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.