Friday 2 May 2014

Being Grateful

Gratitude quote

I'll be the first to admit that there are times when it's easy to complain about things that really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's just human nature, and perhaps to do with how society has changed. 

If you've been keeping up with the news, you'll be well aware of some of the tragedies that  have been going on in the world, with Asia being hit quite hard by it. You'll know that there was a Malaysian Airliner that went missing a few weeks ago with over 200 passengers on board and still hasn't been found. More recently, a ferry capsized in South Korea, and hundreds of people lost their lives. Let's not forget to mention what the families of those victims must be going through right now. 

Life can be short. It's time that we all started being more grateful for what we have and stop taking things for granted. Being grateful makes us appreciate the positives in our life and it highlights what's really important.

Gratitude quote

Focus on what you do have and WHO you have. 

Be thankful. Be thankful for the roof over your head, your health, the people who brought you up, the water you drink, the hand you hold.

SAY "thank you" more often. Those two little words can put a massive smile on someone else's face, which will then make you smile too.

Make sure your loved ones KNOW that you care. Don't be afraid to show how much you care.

Think twice before complaining about something. You may find that things aren't that bad after all.

Stop waiting for tomorrow, or next month, or next year. Every day is a gift that is denied to many. I'm not saying that you shouldn't plan for the future, but you should never dismiss today. 

Every day, remind yourself of what you're grateful for. You can think about it in your head, write it down, or even stick little post-it notes in your bedroom as a constant reminder.

Gratitude quote

In the hustle and bustle of modern day life, I still try my best to be grateful every day. Whenever I'm feeling down, I focus on all the great things in my life and all the great people in my life. 

I really hope you've enjoyed this post. Do let me know your thoughts. What are you grateful for today?

26 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for my health, friends and family x
    such a lovely post x

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post - really heartfelt & thought provoking! :) Enjoyed reading this!

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really glad you enjoyed this post :D

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post!! Very inspiring! <3

    Have a nice weekend!!
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so, have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. love this post so much!

    http://www.mesmemosphotoblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's brilliant to hear, thanks!

      Delete
  5. thanks for reminding me :) what a great post!

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  6. Hey gorgeous, thank you for stopping by! You have a gorgeous blog so of course, I followed you via gfc - keep in touch :) xoxo

    http://femministreflections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piece of text- I loved seeing this on my feed and of course reading it as well. I think we all need to step back and appreciate how grateful we are :-)

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte, that's so lovely of you to say :)

      Delete
  8. This was a lovely post! I felt terrible when I heard about the ferry capsizing in South Korea with all the students, and the plane never being found:( Thank you for commenting on my blog, I am following via GFC ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's such a terrible thing to happen, let's hope things start looking up. Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  9. Aw, what a beautiful post! We need more blogs like yours, spreading such lovely messages!
    I am grateful for all of the amazing people in my life! xx

    <(') Hoda || JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I'm so glad you liked this post. Thanks for the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely post, such and inspiring messages <3

    visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great post! We have so much to be grateful for - by we I mean the people not going through hard times - and sometimes we don't show our gratitude. ~ Mckenzie xx
    http://www.mckenziechannon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I try not to take things for granted because I know how easy it is to lose them!

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
  13. A refreshing post, hits home how you shouldn't take things for granted x

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this blog post, I'm all about gratitude and I actually did a gratitude experiment which is super easy and quick and guarantees happiness in like a week! Check it out if your interested

    http://jennoshealth.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-simple-secret-to-happiness.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.