Monday 5 May 2014

The Body Shop - Early-Harvest Raspberry


I used to be obsessed with The Body Shop ever since one of the in-store consultants offered me some samples and a discount voucher. I was well and truly drawn in. One of the very first products that I bought was the Raspberry Body Butter and I was gutted when I could no longer find it in store. 

Lately, my obsession with The Body Shop appears to have restored itself and I was so happy to hear that the Raspberry range was back! They seem to be treating it as a new launch rather than a re-launch as they've rebranded it as "Early-Harvest" Raspberry. I'll be honest, it seems like the original Raspberry but I guess a jazzed-up name makes it easier to market. I think they've added some extra products to the range this time round too as I only recall seeing the body butter and body scrub all those years ago.

Once I spotted the products on the website, I realised that I couldn't wait for them to be available in store. So a couple of clicks later, I was awaiting my parcel. 


Body Butter - Of course, I had to pick up the Raspberry Body Butter. This was one of the products that made me fall in love with The Body Shop all those years ago. As soon as I opened up the tub and gave it a sniff, it brought back so many memories. It still smells absolutely divine! It's so fruity and smells just like raspberry yoghurt! It's a 24 hour body butter designed for dry skin so it's super hydrating. The texture is wonderfully soft and smooth and it glides on easily. The Body Shop body butters are a little different in texture from range to range but this is definitely one of the smoother formulas, similar to that of the Mango Body Butter. I prefer to use this at night to let it soak into my skin. It's sometimes a little too thick if it's quite warm in the morning. And that's what the next product is for!


Body Lotion - I think this is a new product as I don't remember there ever being a Raspberry body lotion. I've only recently started using body lotions again as I find that they're more practical when the weather is a little warmer. I love the pump top, it makes after-shower application more efficient and it's perfect if you're in a rush or feeling a bit lazy. This body lotion smells exactly like the body butter (i.e raspberry yoghurt) but it has a lighter texture. It's also much cheaper than the body butter so it's a good choice if you don't want to splash out. I love using this in the mornings.


Eau De Toilette - This is the product that I was most excited about. I don't normally buy EDTs unless they're from actual perfume brands but I couldn't resist the thought of a Raspberry fragrance! I actually quite like this. Probably best not to sniff it unless it's dried off a bit but, once it has, it smells very raspberry like with a hint of sweetness to it. The scent does wear off extremely quickly though but I don't mind. I like my fragrance to be subtle so I'd rather re-apply constantly than have something that's overpowering which I can't control. 

Overall, I love this range and I'm so glad to see the delightful Raspberry products back in my life again! All the Raspberry products seem very consistent in scent so if you like one of them, you'll probably like the rest. They also do a body scrub which is very jam-like which I remember loving but I prefer the Mango Body Scrub. There is also a Raspberry Shower Gel that I might add to my collection at some point.

Does the Early-Harvest Raspberry range take your fancy?

33 comments:

  1. I love everything with raspberry so will have to go and try this :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love raspberry then I'm sure you'll love this :)

      Delete
  2. raspberry sounds good :)

    www.meemmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh the scent sounds so stunning, I'll have to check this out for sure! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love anything by The Body Shop, these sound so lovely!
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything! I'd totally get that EDT and I won't mind spraying it again and again throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm this post has actually made me really hungry lol!

    All these products sound brilliant, I need to head on over to The Body Shop for sure :)

    Laura - Laura's All Made Up ♥
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they smell really tasty too, you should definitely check them out!

      Delete
  7. This sounds so good!

    cultkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so yummy!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the body shop - they have some gorgeous products with really lovely ingredients!! :)

    Heard a lot about the raspberry products - getting tempted to pick up something haha x

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk - hope we can follow each other xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. II love the body shop and their sweet smells are my favourites, like strawberry, mango and raspbery! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello dear, fruity scents are not my favourite: I prefer vanilla and coconut, or white musk. By the way I have a crush on body butters by The Body Shop. I'm your new gfc and bloglovin follower, hope you'll follow back and keep in contact if you like!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their body butters are fab, thanks for following :)

      Delete
  12. WOW, this range literally looks so yum;) You have a fabulous blog, new follower!
    -Magenta xxx

    http://magenta-s-w.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, hope you enjoy reading my posts :)

      Delete
  13. I love the smell of this stuff!!

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the raspberry range. The scrub is unusual to the eye and using first but once you have tried it, its dead on. I actually love the jam consistency. Need to try the EDT next and my collection is complete.

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    Make Sure To Enter My GIVEAWAY! - 100 Followers Giveaway | Thank You To You All

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Raspberry scrub is pretty different to most scrubs out there, it's lovely though.

      Delete
  15. I LOVE the smell of raspberries. My shower gel is Raspberry and Vanilla and is absolutely amazing. I find body butters a bit too thick for my skin but think I'll have to get involved with the body lotion. Just for the scent if nothing else!

    Also, I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for The Inspiring Blogger Award on my blog :) I love reading your posts and thought you deserved it! x

    Katy | Little Miss Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raspberry and vanilla is an awesome combination, I've tried that shower gel from Original Source.
      Thanks for nominating me, Katy, I'll take a look :)

      Delete
  16. Love the sound of this range! I definitely need to try the EDT, I have quite a few of the little body shop perfumes and aside from one or two have found they're really nice :) Really like the sound of the shower gel from this range too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been too keen on some of the other EDTs but this one is really lovely :)

      Delete
  17. I've heard so much about this collection, I definitely need to get my hands on it! I love The Body Shop body butters! :)

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. your blog look beautiful, love the strawberry cream i bet it smell nice.
    http://jenniquecreatives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice review! Looks like great products! :) ~ Mckenzie xx
    http://www.mckenziechannon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also love The Body Shop. My fav product are body butters. They are the best and glad about the raspberry range, it' smells so well!

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really want to give this range a try - raspberry just sounds like it would smell so delicious, perfect for Spring xxx
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never tried any from raspberry range before but it looks fab. I will pop it-store some day soon. Anyway, I just found your blog and really like it! Would you like to follow each other to stay in touch? Let me know :) xx

    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love TBS but I'm yet to try this range, I can't wait to pick some products up and give them a go I love raspberry scents x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. this sounds so nice! I'm not a huge fan of raspberry but will definitely check it out the next time I'm at TBS

    Anita @ AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore the way this stuff smells. I tried it out at TBS and fell in love...not doing well with my no shopping ban...

    http://www.annainwonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.