Thursday 19 June 2014

Review: Boots - Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash




A couple of months ago when I was heading away for the weekend, I forgot to pack my cleanser. Well, actually, I can’t remember if I forgot to pack my cleanser or whether it just wouldn't fit into my tiny weekend bag so I figured I’d just get a new one.... Anyway, I ended up popping into Boots to find a suitable replacement. The cheapest and most decent looking product I could find was the Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash. I have quite sensitive skin and I figured that tea tree was a safe bet as it was only for 2 days anyway then I could go back to my usual cleanser.

This product claims to deeply cleanse and refresh to leave skin clear and healthy. Tea tree oil is known for being anti-bacterial whilst Witch Hazel keeps your skin clear and is a product used widely in spot treatment gels.

I have to admit that as a quick purchase for the weekend, I didn't have high hopes for this especially as I'd not even heard of this range prior to picking this up.

First of all, although this product is a tinted liquid inside the bottle, it actually foams up as you press the pump! I’ve never seen a product like this before. When I read that it was a “foaming” face wash, I assumed it would foam up as I rubbed it between my hands, I had no idea that it foams itself. Little things like that really amuse me! You only need to press the pump twice for one cleanse.

It was so gentle on my super sensitive skin and left it feeling clean and refreshed. The scent is quite light and doesn’t feel overpowering when it’s on my face. As it’s a foam wash, it also washes off very easily too and you don’t have to worry about residue on your face. I’m sure a lot of you have had incidents where the bathroom floor gets soaked from trying to splash your face wash or cleanser off. For that reason, I currently use this as my night-time face wash to leave my skin clean and calm before bed. It's also non-drying and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable.

Once my day-time cleanser runs out, I might consider using this for both day and night as I love it so much. At £3.59 for a 150ml bottle, this is a very affordable purchase. I definitely need to check out the rest of the Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel range.

Have you tried any of the Tea Tree & Witch Hazel products from Boots?

11 comments:

  1. I've tried this, but i'm allergic!!! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a great cleanser!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I have super sensitive skin and maybe I should check this product out! ~ Mckenzie xx
    http://www.mckenziechannon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great product! Thanks for the review! Just found your blog and really love it! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, facebook and bloglovin to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've looking for a face cleansing wash. I might give this a go! ;)

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like such a budget buy, and really good for the skin! I love the sound of a face foam as it rinses off easily like you said, residue on your face is the worst! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never thought this would be as good as it sounds.
    http://vanillainnovember.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. So affordable! It sounds like a lovely product.

    The Sunday Chapter x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love foam washes, they are so invigorating and fresh.

    This sounds like a real find; such fab value and even better that it was unexpected gem! ;)

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post!xx
    Your blog is really amazing!
    Would you mind visiting mine,and following if you want?
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Love,Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the boots tea tree and witch hazel range! The spot stick thing is amazing! It gets rid of any spots i get before they even come through to the surface of the skin.

    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.