Monday 30 June 2014

Review: Garnier - Body Tonic Smoothing Scrub




Why have I never heard about this product before? Garnier, up until recently, wasn't a brand that I would explore when looking for new skincare products to test out. It's actually kind of strange considering Garnier is a big name brand in the world of skincare, but I guess I've never felt that any of their products were particularly marketed towards someone like me.

I first came across this Garnier Body Tonic Smoothing Scrub after doing a search on the Superdrug website. Having read the description and whizzing through some reviews and product images, I was sold. It's also worth noting that I believe this is the new packaging. The old packaging says "sugar scrub" rather than "smoothing scrub". It's the same product though! 

This is a sugar & exfoliating bead scrub which is one of my favourite types of scrubs. Salt scrubs are also up there with the best for me but I find that they can sometimes sting, especially if you're doing a full body exfoliation. My hands always end up quite raw! I like sugar scrubs because the texture is very similar to salt scrubs minus the stinginess. This contains fruit extract to help with the "instant smoothing effect" and it also says it will give you "new skin" from the very first use. Big claims there. 

First of all, I love the smell of this. Other than the images of apples on the tube, it doesn't give any other indication as to what fruits are in this but it smells like citrus fruits. It's so fresh and it really invigorates me in the morning. 

The scrub itself is incredible! It smooths my skin like no other scrub and it does it in such a gentle way. A little goes a long way so you don't even need to use much of it to be able to exfoliate your entire body. The texture is gel-like but with a very generous amount of exfoliant in there. 

Prior to adding this to my skincare collection, I used to use The Body Shop scrubs but I can honestly say that this is so much better. It's gentle but so effective, smells incredible, and lasts for ages. I can also do a full body exfoliating session without irritating my hands. 

This is THE best body scrub I've ever used and it's now my go-to body scrub. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, another one of these will be making its way into my life once I run out.

The RRP is £7.15 for a 200ml bottle but Superdrug currently have it on sale for only £3.56!!! I can't praise this product enough so if you want to try it out, now is the time!

Do you use any Garnier products?

14 comments:

  1. Looks like a great product! http://pastelbluepoo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great product! http://pastelbluepoo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review. I’ve never really noticed Garnier products before either but this item looks really good. It seems reasonably priced and I love citrus scents. :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bargain, I think i'll be off to superdrug to take a look at this! I bet it smells super yummy too! xx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely go and buy this product in a couple of days, never a bad thing to add something new to your skincare!

    http://nastyadts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I think I'll give this product a try! is it good for those with sensitive skin? lovely post! quality of the photos are amazing

    http://jennoshealth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sensitive skin and it works great. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, I've never heard of this product before either - I quite like Garnier products too!
    I'm gonna see if they have this in the States because it looks quite promising!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely check it out!! You seem really happy with your purchase!! You are so luck that you got it at such a bargain price! Keep in touch...
    Maria xox
    http://aresmar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a bargain at the moment, I love my Soap and Glory scrubs but I maybe I should try something else.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolute bargain and looks very interesting!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like an amazing product! Definitely going to go try it out!

    http://bliusmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review. Sounds like an awesome scrub :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love body scrubs! I've never used a garnier product for some reason, but you've inspired me to check it out :)

    whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.