Thursday 26 June 2014

Review: Ipanema - Navy Sidewalk Wedge




As if we're nearing the end of June already! Where has this month gone? In fact, where has this year gone? Lots of you will probably be heading to the beach this summer so it's time to put those boots aside and get your sandals on. 

These Navy Sidewalk Wedges* were sent to me from Ipanema, a beach footwear brand selling a range of stylish flip flops. I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of flip flops but these ones caught my eye as they're a little different because of the wedge. I'm not that tall so I love shoes that give me that little bit of elevation and make my legs look leaner at the same time. 

The heel is 95mm with a platform of 20mm. I would say that these are probably a little too high for me if I'm planning on doing a lot of walking along the beach as they will drag me down a bit but if you're going for a more chilled-out day, these look super stylish. I do find that as these are heeled, it pushes the space between my toes downwards onto the toe grip which kind of hurts after walking for a little bit. Perhaps I'm just not used to flip flop type shoes though. 

I do love the style of these and I think the navy wedge looks great along with the metal logo on the strap. It adds a bit of style to what could just be an ordinary flip flop. I think that these would be so much better if there was some cushioning on the toe grip as I imagine that it won't be any fun to wear if you're planning on a long summery walk along the shore.

You can purchase the Navy Sidewalk Wedge for £50 from Ipanema.

4 comments:

  1. these look great x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute! I think I would prefer them if they were flat though because I would have the same issue of the toe post rubbing! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design of these! The gold detailing makes them look pretty designer too, although that's pretty annoying about the toe rubbing - they look like they'd be great for going out in the evenings on holidays though. xx

    ☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are real cute! I love that they are flip flop wedges haha.

    I've just been sent some Ipanema sandles too, can't wait to try them out and review them :)

    Laura x | http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.