Tuesday 3 June 2014

Review: MyChelle Dermaceuticals Pure Harmony

I love discovering skincare brands that are good for sensitive skin. You'd be surprised at how difficult it can be to find products that don't irritate my skin. I've even had so-called "sensitive skin products" cause me grief. 


A couple of months ago, I was sent two products from MyChelle, a skincare brand originating all the way from Colorado. They aim to use the best natural products to create the most effective products out there. The MyChelle products are split into several ranges designed for different types of skin. The Pure Harmony range is specifically designed for sensitive skin so I had high hopes when the products arrived in the post. I believe that this is also one of their newer ranges.


The first product I tested out was the Pure Harmony Cleanser*, a gentle cleanser which hydrates the skin. One of the first things that I noticed was how small the bottle was, you get 61ml of product for £10.50 which is a little bit on the pricey side. 

This cleanser has a press top which ensures that no product spills out of it. The bottle is very sturdy, perhaps a little too sturdy...... I found it quite difficult to squeeze the product out, which isn't ideal when my hands are already really slippery in the shower. 

Luckily, it kind of redeemed itself because the formula is so gentle on my skin and it didn't cause any irritation. My skin was left feeling very clean and soft. I really love this product but unless the bottle is changed, I'm not sure whether I'd make a purchase or not. Getting stressed in the shower first thing in the morning because I can't get my cleanser out of the bottle isn't an ideal start to the day.... 




The second product I used was the Pure Harmony Serum*, an antioxidant-rich serum which claims to reduce the signs of aging. I was expecting a clear solution but it was actually an orange colour so I was a little worried that my face might look a bit orange from it but it dries completely clear. The texture is too sticky for my liking and it made my skin feel a bit sticky too. It didn't cause any irritation but I felt like it took away from the softness and plumpness that I usually have in my face. So at £33 for a 30ml bottle, I'll have to give this one a miss. 

Do you use any MyChelle products?

15 comments:

  1. Looks interesting =) Great review.

    xx kim

    itsksquared.blogspot.com | kim&kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this brand before. I had to laugh about getting stressed out first thing in the morning trying to pump out your cleanser!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow I've never even heard of this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! Been following it for some time now and love all of your posts and your photos!
    I've never heard of this brand but I'm gonna' have a look at some other products they do right now!! :)

    I'd love you to check out my blog? @ hbbeautyblog.co.uk

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh these look amazing - I've never heard of this brand but will definitely be checking it out! Great review!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just discovered you blog and I love it already! I've never heard of this brand, so might have to give it a go! xx
    Soph | sophieballinger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review..i have never heard of this brand...

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds so great, nice post <3

    mymakeupmemoire.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've also never heard of this brand like other people have said :P But the packaging looks very cute!! It's a shame the products aren't as good as you would've wanted :<


    ChocoKittieHK holidays
    xoxoxo, Cindy⭐︎☽

    ReplyDelete
  10. yiiiiikes how pricey is that serum?! Sounds like a shame you didn't 100% get along with them :( the cleanser sounds nice, though! xx

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great review, thanks for sharing, looks really interesting :) ♥

    Milkyrabbit.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice post :) i haven't tried any of their products
    xo,
    Flo
    http://florenciasdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the review, I think I'll survive without trying this product ;)

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.