Sunday 15 June 2014

Thai Custard Sandwich Cake





Oh yes, baking baking baking! I really need to get back into the swing of things again as I've missed baking so much, I've hardly baked these past few months. 

I guess a lot of you may be wondering what exactly is sandwiched between this cake. A couple of months ago, I came across this yummy green stuff called thai custard. It's very similar in texture to normal custard as we know it, but it contains coconut milk rather than dairy milk. I love the taste of coconut and I think it adds a lovely fragrant taste to most foods. This particular thai custard is a pandan version and it tastes delicious. I knew straight away that it had to go into/onto/between some cake. I could have easily just eaten the custard straight from the bowl!

As it's so fragrant by itself, I made a simple Victoria sandwich sponge and filled the middle with the custard. I then dusted it off with some icing sugar. Clearly, I really need to work on that as I ended up pouring way too much on some parts of the cake rather than dusting it evenly. It was so delicious though and I'll definitely be making this again very soon.

Hope you've all had a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow that looks delicious!! I've never had Thai custard before but I agree with you in that I really love how coconut milk tastes in a lot of foods.

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's different but looks equally yummy. I've been baking a bit lately - something I never do - and gone outside my comfort zone x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loook super delicious! I love sandwich cake sort of things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely, I've never heard of thai custard! x
    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty & Lifestlye Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I am lactose free, so Thai custard would probably be a good non-cows milk option for me :)

    Em x

    emmalouisephilosophy.blogspot.co.uk
    www.bloglovin.com/emmalouisephilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious :)

    www.writingmonique.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks out of this world, wow! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.