Wednesday 16 July 2014

Review: Avene - Soothing Hydrating Serum




Anyone who knows me or regularly reads my blog will know how much of a skincare obsessive I am. I don't believe that you need expensive products for a good skincare regime, nor do I believe you need every type of cream, serum, and exfoliant on the market hence why I hadn't previously ventured into the world of serums until recently. 

Escentual kindly sent me this Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum* a couple of months ago to test out and, despite not getting along with some other serums that I've tried, I had high hopes for this one. It just sounded good. 

This contains a high concentration of Avéne Thermal Spring Water which is meant to soothe your skin and heal it, providing deep nourishment and hydration. It's also good for sensitive skin. Serums are designed to be applied beneath your moisturiser so that all it's ingredients can really penetrate the skin.

First of all, I think the bottle looks great with the frosted glass and simple design, sometimes simple really is best. The smell of the product is pretty light and it's one that I love because it's just so fresh and it smells exactly how a luxury product would smell, it's a lovely gentle fragrance. 

Upon initial application, I loved how light the formula was and how easily it glided onto my skin without being sticky, I really enjoyed applying this in the mornings. It's like an added refreshing step. However, having used the product for over a month, I decided to stop. 

For me, I couldn't really see a difference in my skin other than a few extra bumps that had started appearing. I don't think it was so much the serum that was causing the bumps to appear, it was more that my face couldn't handle having an additional layer of product on it. I've heard great things about this serum and it definitely didn't cause any irritation when I applied it but it's just not something that I feel I can incorporate into my daily routine.

Maybe serums just aren't for me or maybe I just haven't found the right one....
Do you use face serums? Have you tried this one?

P.S: Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a personalised necklace from Punky Pins. Enter here!

8 comments:

  1. I don't really have great experiences with serums, but after reading this post I will look into this product more, thanks a lot for sharing!

    http://jennoshealth.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use serums every day - I'm currently using some by dr. Dennis gross with good results. I have been interested in trying this one and I think I still may.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I have the exact same product in sample size that I have yet to use! I guess I should really try it out haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool post and I like to try and cleanse my skin and keep it fresh too!
    L xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look really nice! How much did it cost?

    Good luck with your blog xx

    http://justsmiletolifexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It retails at £17 but you can get it for £14.45 at Escentual right now.

      Delete
  6. its such a pity this didn't work well with your skin. i love the thermal spray though - if you haven't used that I'd really recommend it.x lashingsofmascaraon.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for great tips!! Your article is really awesome. After using Sakare's botanox skincare serum helps to keep my skin fresher, younger and brighter.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.