Monday 7 July 2014

Summer 2014 Fashion Haul

New season means new clothes! I've also had a lot of gift cards and store credit to spend lately so I've been making the most of them to top up my wardrobe with some new summery bits and I thought I'd share some of my favourites with you.

Bird Print Cut Out Shoulder Top from Very (link here)
I usually like to save the best until last but I'm going to start with my favourite this time. With the weather getting hotter, I like to let my shoudlers breathe a bit but I don't really like vest tops so this is the perfect compromise with it's cut out shoulders (that you can't really see from the photo...). It's so flattering and I love the print.

Floral Print Cut Out Shoulder Top from Very (link here)
Another cut out shoulder top! I'm not as crazy about this print as I am with the previous one but it's still nice and I've wanted something with some kind of floral print on it for summer. 

Swing Dress with PU Sleeves from ASOS (link here)
I think that the contrast between the leather sleeves and the grey top is really nice. I'm not much of a dresses person and I wouldn't normally go for this but the sleeves swayed me and I'm glad because it looks amazing on. It can easily be teamed with black tights or bare legs.

New Look Black Tunic (link here)
This looks similar to the swing dress (with the colours reversed) but I promise you it's not! This is a tunic and the main body is a mesh material. I'm short enough to wear this as a dress but I tend to wear it with a pair of denim-look leggings, which are not the same as jeggings in case anyone is wondering. I actually need a few more pairs of denim-look leggings. I dislike denim and I find that even jeggings are uncomfortable for me.

Chiffon Shirt from Boohoo (sold out)
I took one of the last ones of this online and I'm so glad I did. Chiffon is one of my favourite materials as it's so airy and feels nice on my skin. I've been looking for a new button-up shirt for ages now and I think this one looks really good with denim shorts. 

Accessorize Mint Daisies Silk Scarf (not available online - other silk scarves here)
If you didn't know already, I absolutely love scarves. I'll wear them whatever the weather so this one from Accessorize is great for summer as it's 100% silk so it's really light and thin. I'm loving daisies and mint green at the moment so I'm really pleased with this.

What do you think of my new wardrobe additions?

14 comments:

  1. the clothes look lovely! xx

    http://nastyadts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty pieces for summer :) love how light the fabrics are and the print on the first top, so pretty I love bird prints :) xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely haul! Totally loving the floral prints at the moment, and that daisy scarf is a really pretty colour!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

    Laura x | http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm absolutely in love with all the items you have bought. But to be more specific I love the mint green scarf! The colour it my favourite and the daisies on it looks so adorable and very summer like.

    Alisha || www.thealishadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the silk scarf! I am a new follower :)
    http://ifashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog from Zoella. I love it. Thanks for leaving your link. Would love it if you would check out my blog treschicxox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for 100% silk scarves everywhere! didn't know Assesorize carries them! it seems everywhere else sells polyester! lovely additions Linda, I really like the shirt from Boohoo.com :D

    http://jennoshealth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love that ASOS dress - a much more wearable way to wear PU! It's gorgey.

    Rachael at rachaelisnotwowzie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post,dear!Really like pictures:)
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these pieces. So summery! :) x

    Amzyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those cut off shoulder tops- they're just so cute and definitely perfect for summer! That dress with leather sleeves is also really cute! Lovely summer haul!

    Have a good summer!
    -Nikkie
    I love your homemade necklace, Cecelia! It's super cute and definitely versatile. Your outfit here is also really chic and I'm definitely digging that coat and those trousers!

    Have a great day!
    -Nikkie
    Chic Nikkie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the clothes you picked! Perfect for the summer <3
    Sensitive Epidermis | Rainbow
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.