Tuesday 22 July 2014

The Simple Life

 
 

Over the past few years, I've developed such a love of nature. In a world full of concrete buildings, busy commuters, and petrol-fuelled cars, it's nice to be able to step away from all of that and enjoy the simplicity of life in a peaceful place. It was time to put down my phone, step away from the TV, and just enjoy the great outdoors. I actually wrote a post about how consumed we all are with technology and social media and you can read it by clicking here

I love the outdoors and how beautiful nature is, even just being able to stare up at the clouds is enough to put a smile on my face. I know that a lot of people find it a bit boring to just walk around outdoors aimlessly but I love it and it's great to be able to appreciate the little things. The only issue I have is that I'm so scared of dogs so I have to choose my destination wisely! 

I'd love to live in the countryside or by the seaside one day but for now, I have to settle for what I do have. I don't live in a particularly tranquil and scenic area but there are a few hidden gems when you venture out a little.

The other week, I headed out to some meadows to go for a relaxing walk. It's usually pretty quiet as I don't think many people really venture this far out and I surprisingly didn't bump into any dogs! It's been a while since I've been to these meadows so it was quite nostalgic to come back. The grass used to be a lot longer and more meadow-like but they've since cut it all which I was a little disappointed about as it looked quite bare but it'll grow!

The grass is always full of grasshoppers but they're usually hard to spot. You can never fail to hear them, but actually catching sight of one is pretty difficult in a place full of green grass. I did manage to find one though and I'm actually surprised that I managed to take a photo of it, I assumed it would jump away really quickly but this one was clearly made for modelling. I managed to snap away for about a minute before finally giving it a little encouragement to jump away. 

The simple life. Don't you just love it?

15 comments:

  1. The simple things are always the most beautiful. I love nature x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also recently realized just how lovely the countryside is, especially in the summer!

    Lovely photos.

    Alice x

    http://alicepalacee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice post! ahhhh the simple life :) beautiful post linda, photography game is on point

    http://jennoshealth.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photos! :) I love summery walks too, such a relaxing way to spend the day when the sun is shining xx

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually spotted a grasshopper in my suburban garden the other day - that actually made my day, totally was never imagining finding one there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I like nature in moderation! I am usually very much the city-girl! But I love the sound of your walk in the meadows. Sounds so relaxing. :)

    Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love simple things, and nature. There's some beautiful things out there in the world! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to get away once in a while, but it's just too bad I don't have any areas like this where I live. I'm really afraid of bugs though, I wouldn't be able to hold a grasshopper like that! I guess we both have our fears, haha.

    xx becky // star-violet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely pics. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yess.. sometimes I just feel that I could be completely satisfied with just me and family, living a simple life, away from all drama and all that.. but we have lots to face in the real world.. it's great to go outside once a while, and venture into the beautiful nature though ! :) That land you ventured out into is gorgeous; those flowers are so pretty! Have a great day, hun! X

    Chic Nikkie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found your blog randomly and I’d like to say it’s fabulous! You have amazing photos! Everything is perfect!

    Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blogs!! :)

    Kisses
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love summery walks too!
    Lovely photos :)

    Emily / Glittery Teacups

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know exactly how you feel. I've just moved from the countryside to a city, and now I find myself longing to go and explore the woodland back home. You appreciate things so much more when you don't see them every day.


    Jemma @ Jemma In Words

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love looking at and photographing nature, it is so relaxing! I did a post on this recently too, I'd really appreciate it if you popped over if you have the time and drop a comment! Love your blog :)
    http://www.karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk
    Karis x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post, I also love nature and I'm amazed daily at how beautiful everyday scenes are that I wouldn't usually pay attention to. I love taking photos in my garden or going out for a walk, that's why I love being home - there's more countryside for me to admire!

    I'm glad you didn't bump into any dogs and your photos are lovely!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.