Thursday 11 September 2014

Be A Kid


Who says we have to grow up so fast? It's almost like once education is over, you're an adult and you're expected to act a certain way and speak a certain way. Responsibilities and pressure starts to increase, fun starts to become a thing of the past. 

Now I'm not saying that we should all throw away our responsibilities, in fact, that's absolutely not what I'm saying but it's okay to have fun. It's okay to be a kid and enjoy all the wonders of the world. It doesn't matter if you're 12, 22, or even 62. If you want to build sandcastles at the beach then go for it. If want to swing on a tree then that's completely fine. If you want to tip out your old lego bucket and start constructing lego houses then that's okay too. As long as you're not harming anyone then there really isn't a problem.

Whatever your age, it's important to maintain a youthful spirit. There are so many amazing things in this world, and so many small things that can bring a lot of joy and magic. Don't let a number define when you have to suddenly stop having fun.

12 comments:

  1. love this post! 100% agree with you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, although I can't say I'm interested in Loom Bands haha xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with this post, you don't have to be serious even when you're older x

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  4. So needed this post! age is but a number :)

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, totally agreed! I don't think you could ever be too old to be a kid!

    xx becky // star violet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I volunteer a lot of my time with Girlguiding and I think that helps to keep me acting young, sometimes anyway. It's fun to play games, to make lego houses and join in with the things they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everything that you've said :) I actually had this same conversation with someone the other day! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I agree with you! Reminds me a bit of Pharrell's youthful outlook in life.

    Bf Gf Does Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree! I've just posted a new blog post, it would mean a lot of you could check it out? xx http://signbeforeyouseal.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/nyfw-ss15-ru

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tend to describe myself as an "oversized child" because I do think I have a bit of a childish mentality, especially when faced with a quarter life crisis. But what does it mean to "act like an adult" anyways? I think at some point, we all are nostalgic for some aspect of our childhood and will try to replicate the process (e.g. me watching Arthur at the ripe age of 22). At the end of the day, its perfectly ok to be that grown ass adult who goes off and chases the pigeons.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.