Sunday 18 January 2015

It's Okay To Indulge


As some of you may have seen from my blog posts, I'm making a conscious effort to lead a healthier lifestyle which includes eating healthily. However, I'm not someone who is going to deprive myself from things like cakes etc. 

I admire those who have the willpower to completely eliminate all the "bad stuff" from their diets but for me, I like to indulge once in a while. I want to be fit and healthy but life would be so boring if I could never have a calorific slice of cake ever again, or if I had to avoid most of the delicious menus on offer across the city. 

It's okay to indulge. It's okay to go for the full three course meal rather than the salad and yoghurt. I think it's all about moderation. I am a serious foodie so it's totally out of the question for me to go through life without sampling all the delicious foods on offer, and why should I? I exercise regularly and I eat healthily most of the time. 

I like to set aside a day (or sometimes two... I know, wild right?) each week where I can just eat whatever I want and indulge a little. It doesn't mean I'm going to get to Sunday and get a Mcdonalds breakfast, a lunch buffet, and then a pizza for dinner. It just means I'll have a slice of cake if I want one, and I'll go out for a meal if I feel like it, and I'll have a DVD night with nachos if I want to.

For anyone who is interested, that carrot cake in the photo was absolutely delicious and I savoured every spoonful!

It's okay to indulge.

11 comments:

  1. Completely agree with this post! I try to be healthy most of the time, but when it's once or twice a week it's okay to let yourself loose. xx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so needed this post! sometimes I forget and feel guilty :)

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this looks amazing xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks amazing!! Everything in moderation is how i go about it haha! xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks absolutely delicious!
    ----
    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG yum, that looks delicious :) x

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That carrot cake looks so so yummy! Yes I agree with you, it is perfectly fine to indulge once in a while. <3

    trickzortreatz.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. that cake looks amazing! I agree, you can't deprive yourself of everything, it's much better to have a bit of what you like now and again and be healthy the rest of the time x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I indulge way too often.. I seriously need to eat healthier..

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.