Saturday 6 June 2015

A Little Bit Of Luxury - Origins GinZing Moisturiser



When it comes to skincare, I rate it with high importance as I love taking care of my skin. I've always been more inclined to purchase high street products as there are so many great ones out there. You don't need to spend a fortune on skincare products to get glowing skin.

However, armed with some gift vouchers that have been sitting in my purse for a good year and a half, I decided to treat myself to a little bit of luxury. I ended up settling on this Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser. Having tried out the tester pot, I was sold. 

Origins is a brand I've wanted to try out for so long but couldn't quite justify the price tag of most of their products. They are an environmentally friendly skincare brand who use all natural and organic ingredients alongside doing extensive scientific research to bring us the best products. As someone who has sensitive skin, this was music to my ears.

The product itself smells divine like freshly squeezed oranges. There is a hint of bitterness to it which adds to the natural smell, there is definitely nothing synthetic about this. I'm always a bit apprehensive of putting anything scented on my face but this really lifts my mood and makes me feel happy. 

The consistency is gel-like and glides on with such ease so a little really does go a long way. It sinks in well and contains ingredients such as coffee bean and ginzeng to give your skin a boost. It really is like a drink for your skin.

I bought the limited edition 75ml pot for around £25 in store but you can get it a little cheaper online at John Lewis at the moment. It definitely isn't a cheap moisturiser so I tend to just use it after I cleanse my face before bed so that it can sink in overnight. I always wake up with soft, supple skin which is just the best way to start the day!

This is one of the few luxury products that I have in my skincare stash and it sits with pride on my shelf. Have I now been converted to luxury skincare products? No. I still use my trusted Simple Hydrating Moisturiser in the mornings as I feel as though that's all I need for the day ahead but I now let my skin have a little bit of a treat at night.

Mixing a little bit of luxury with more affordable products is the way to go in my opinion and I would seriously consider repurchasing this once it runs out.

10 comments:

  1. This is on my to buy list ^^ Really want to try this! Sounds fab <3

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've Tried a lot of the origins moisturisers except this one! Could do with a little sample xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here it is, I got my note pad out and just put this down as the next purchase I have to make. DAMMIT!

    Creepers & Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently picked up the new Body Shop Vit C which is a great dupe for this! Perhaps give it a go when you finish this up :) it's a lot cheaper and just as dreamy!

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a great moisturizers, I could def. need a use one.

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely loved this! I ended up using it as a night moisturiser and it was just so lovely! My skin was brighter and fresher in the morning, even if I hadn't had the best nights sleep! I really love Origins GinZing line, I'd normally avoid something like that because of my oily skin but it works so well with my skin! Though Origins is on the expensive side, I have been converted over the past few months but bargains can be bagged if you keep an eye out!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this moisturiser! it's one of my favourites

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a USA beauty giveaway inc lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love this moisturiser too <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't often go back to buy a product before I've used up the sample I was given, but I did in this case. This is such a lovely moisturiser, so velvety and with a fresh, delicate scent. I love it and absolutely recommend it too.
    Lovely post xxx

    Emilia
    www.emilialeigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love origins!

    Been wanting to try this moisturiser for a while.

    www.alikelylife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.