Wednesday 26 August 2015

5 Ways To Simplify Your Life


Life can get hectic, life can feel overwhelming, life can feel like it's going nowhere, or going in too many different directions. I've never been someone who thinks that life is simple. Quite frankly, sometimes life just gets complicated and messy before you even realise it's happening but there are small things you can do to make life that tiny bit easier. So here are 5 ways to simplify your life.

Prioritise. Write a list if you have to. Just work out what it is that's most important and work from there. When you prioritise things in your life, you start to gain more perspective on what's really important. It may also alert you to the fact that all those little things that were winding you up are just that - little. 

Learn to say "no". It's good to say yes to things but sometimes, you end up taking on too much or doing things that you don't want to do just to please others be it working yet another weekend to cover for everyone else or going to that party when you're exhausted. Learning to say no means that you have more space to yes to the things that matter the most to you.

Live for the moment. Life can be short, make the most of every minute. It's great to make plans and I'm someone who loves planning for the future but when you focus on the here and now, life suddenly feels a lot simpler. Keep your mind on what's happening today. Take in everything you see and hear.

Have a digital detox. Take a break from anything with a screen. I think that technology is great, but in moderation. Chasing people's lives on social media makes you forget about living your own. Watching the news channel can alter your attitude to things, make you feel anger, sadness, and it can mould your outlook on life. We should never hide from what's going on in the world but it's nice to take a break away from it even if it's just for a an hour or two each day. Instead, you can read a book, go for a walk, catch up with friends over dinner.

Know when to walk away. It's difficult to walk away from something be it a project, an event, an argument, or another person. Ask yourself, is it worth it? Does it make you happy? Is it adding to your life or taking away from it? Eliminating the bad stuff from your life will take a whole lot of weight off your shoulders.

Simple.

12 comments:

  1. Love this post, learning to say no is so true. It can be so easy to get caught up in everything!

    Emily / <a href="http://theminimermaid.com”>The Mini Mermaid</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this post - love these tips!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
  3. wesome tips! I definitely need to work on learning to say no. I've always been a yes girl. I find it hard to say no sometimes because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! Live for the moment is such an important one. Worrying won't change the outcome!!

    this site

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should definitely think about a capsule wardrobe I've nearly got all my pieces till i stop shopping for clothes for 3 months and it has honestly been so much fun! even the whole decluttering process was fun! I really like posts like this, I completely agree with the say no one, I am such a sucker for saying yes to my manager when she asks me to stay at work later and things and afterwards I always feel so sad because I'd rather not stay, but go and see friends and family, I definitely agree with tech detox to, nothing better than curling up with a book rather than a computer screen
    http://elzbthchlmrspps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post and I totally agree with all your tips, I just need to put them all into practice, especially the digital detox one!

    Nicola | www.thebeautymonologue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tips! I really need to work on saying no and living in the moment. You have a great blog! I'm following you now on gfc, checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too. Let's keep in touch! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great tips, I think I honestly need to work on all of these a little bit more! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely and very honest post. I definitely need to take some of these into account. Thanks, great post.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great tips! 'Live for the moment' is my fave, it's so true x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! I defiantly need to simplify my life!!
    http://www.alifeofacharlotte.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.