Sunday 13 September 2015

A New Way To De-Stress



Let's face it, we all get stressed from time to time. I'm forever trying to find new ways to de-stress after a long day and I think I've finally found a good one. Colouring!

Apparently adults all over the UK are turning to colouring books to make their stresses float away and, having loved colouring books as a kid, I knew I had to give it a go again. There are plenty of so-called "grown up" colouring books out there so I spent ages browsing Amazon before I ended up purchasing The Mindfulness Colouring Book which is described as "anti-stress art therapy for busy people" - it sounded perfect for someone like me!

I love how small this book is which means I can take it with me in my bag when I'm going on long journeys or when I have a spare ten minutes here and there. I will definitely be taking this with me when I go away on holiday later this year. I knew I'd enjoy colouring in this book but I didn't realise how much. With my Spotify playlist playing through my iPod, I was colouring in for a whole hour the first time I used this. This was during a Sunday when I had an awful lot on my mind pretty much all day and it was driving me insane thinking about the same thing over and over again. It was amazing how it all just drifted away as I put my pencil crayons to paper....

I only wish I'd started colouring sooner as it really does make my stresses drift away. Some of my friends and family think I'm a little mad for buying a colouring book and a brand new set of pencil crayons, but it works!

How do you de-stress?

6 comments:

  1. I've been obsessed with colouring for de-stressing recently too, I have the Millie Marotta Animal Kingdom colouring postcards which are a great size too! x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colouring books! They look so beautiful when you get a drawing complete <3

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting lost in art to de-stress. Colouring is great♥♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bath is my way of distressing - I have a colouring in book that I use for traveling it makes time go by so quickly! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to get a colouring book! I can only imagine how destressing that is! I just saw a Harry Potter one and as a huge HP fan I'm so intrigued to get it. What I usually do to destress is either go for a bike ride or a walk ( listening to music) or have a long relaxing bath! ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually read to de-stress but this looks great!

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.