Tuesday 29 October 2013

Review: Real Techniques - Powder Brush





I've seen and heard so much about Real Techniques brushes recently but I never thought I'd end up getting one. I've always been quite satisfied with my current brushes (Lily Lolo, bareMinerals) and they've worked well for the mineral powder that I use. 

However, I recently got myself the bareMinerals Ready Foundation (review here) which is a compact version of their mineral foundation. I figured that a kabuki brush would be a bit too harsh and unnecessary  I've never used a compact powder without one of those old-school flat sponges (what are they called?) so I figured I should get myself a decent brush. I wanted something quite full, soft, but dense enough to give good coverage. So hello Real Techniques!

The first thing that immediately caught my attention upon arrival was the size of the brush. It was much bigger than I expected it to be. I originally intended to buy the blusher brush to use as a powder brush but I was worried it could be a bit small. When I received this in the post, I was worried that this would be a little big. 

My worries were soon put to rest once I started using it. It's actually the perfect size in my opinion. It means I can get my mineral foundation on quickly and get a good coverage. Mineral make-up works via warming up the minerals, and you can't do that too easily with a small brush.

When I used this, I loved how soft it felt. The bristles were dense enough for buffing in my mineral foundation, but soft enough to blend everything in without hurting my face! The bristles feel so light yet they're so dense. The only complaint I have here is that the bristles do smell a little synthetic and I can still smell it now after using it for a couple of weeks.

I love the design of this brush. It has a sleek copper coloured handle and the tips of the brush are white. This definitely looks like a high quality brush and it's definitely one of my favourite brush designs.

Overall this is an amazing brush. It is fit for purpose and it looks great. I am definitely considering getting the Real Techniques blusher brush at some stage.

Do you own any brushes from Real Techniques?

32 comments:

  1. Ahh I seriously need new makeup brushes - mine are falling apart with the hairs falling out and everything. I think I'll look into Real Techniques - the brush here looks to be good quality. Thanks for the review! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite RT brush! It's so big, it takes just seconds to apply powder with it! I also love how soft it is too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I've always wanted to try real technique brushes because they look soo soft and dense!
    This powder brush looks awesome! Have you tried the stippling brush before?

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't. This is my first and only Real Techniques brush!

      Delete
  4. Great review - this is an amazing brush, I'm so happy with mine, and I definitely recommend it :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thenk you for this lovely review! I need to change my blush brush and I'm reading amazing reviews about the real techniques one everywhere :)

    xx Martini On The Rocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful review, and that brush sounds great! i am in need of a quality brush!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've recently invested in some and so glad I did!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the real techniques brushes! I'm actually on the look out for a new powder brush and maybe this is the one!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep hearing about this brush! I'm happy with the ones I use now, but I feel like this one will make its way into my makeup bag sometime soon anyway!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love real techniques, I have the core collection :) Think I need to get this brush, great post x
    sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get this brush :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete
  12. I currently only have the Real Techniques stippling brush which I have loved so much I bought a spare (so I could wash more frequently and not have to use another brush, haha) and the eyeshadow set. I havn't tried this one yet though but I plan on having them all eventually since I love them that much. Lovely review :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't own an real techniques brushes but I definitely would buy one now ;)

    I'm running a giveaway at the moment, if you'd like please check it out here: Stop Motion words

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always wanted to try one of these brushes out!

    xo Mel
    turquoise blonde

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Real Techniques brushes, really want to get this one for my powder! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to try this brush out. Maybe once it's time to buy some new brushes I will pick this one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow i love ur blog soo much & thanks 4 checking out my blog & leaving a comment :) & i love real techniques brushes :) xoxo
    www.4EvaFashionPrincessMonthly.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really need to get on with reviewing my RT brushes, too! I love them in general, but haven't found uses for all of them (I have the Core Collection and the Eye Kit). x

    Živa | Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one of my favourite Real Techniques brushes, I love it to blend all my makeup together after application - I'm always applying too much blush! Just found your blog & love it :) xx

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  20. loveeeee the real techniques brushes! all of them are brilliant!

    check out my blogsale if you like =) http://tzeyien89.blogspot.co.uk/p/blogsale.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Real Technique brushes are great. Like you I initially found this brush huge when I first used it! x

    http://alittlebitofjenn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't have this one from RT, but the others that I own are great - wouldn't change them :). Although those from Lily Lolo are awesome too, aren't they :)?

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I bought the eye brush set, and I really love it, the brushes are such good quality for the price you pay^-^ I definitely want to try out some of the face brushes in the future(: x

    Would you like to follow eachother on GFC/Bloglovin? If you do then let me know, come leave a comment on my blog and I'll follow you back! x

    www.emilymarysia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey! Great review!
    I'm just dropping by to tell you that Ihave nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can find out more here: http://justsoapril.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-liebster-award.html#more

    Well Done!! April x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE this brush, and it's turned out to be such a good investment as I actually use so much less product as it distributes it so well! Glad you like it too :)
    Carrie xxx

    Carrie:Brighton

    ReplyDelete
  26. thanks for visiting me earlier...x

    I really have to purchase these brushes at some point as i have heard so much good reviews about the samantha chapman brushes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. That brush looks incredible!! In desperate need of one so this really helps! xxx

    http://stylapetite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've heard that this is a big brush, but that it's awesome. I may have to break down and buy one!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have a couple of the sets, and I love them! I really want to get my hands on some more! Also I replied to your lovely comment on my blog (you could have that blusher after all :P)

    Lucy from www.dinosaurdances.com x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have most of the Real Techniques brushes and I really want to add this to my collection for buffing powder on after I've done my makeup. Sounds like a great brush!

    C x | www.gymbagsandgladrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've heard too so many good things about this brushes, and I decided to buy 3 of them [basic kit]. First time I saw them at Makeup Fest in Bucharest [Romania], on octomber 9th. They're so soooooooooooooft. Oh my God. I couldn't believe it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.